It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:08 am 

Well Spring is definitlely bursting out all over as the song says so why not come along on Saturday to the April UkuHooley Meetup for a day of ukulele fun with friends at the usual venue No. 2, Eden Park, Summerhill Road, Dunlaoghaire, Co. Dublin.

THE BEGINNERS CLASS (which is growing in popularity each month) runs for an hour from 11am under the patient guidance of the genial and talented Sonny.
The song Sonny has chosen for the class is available here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=423

MAIN UKUHOOLEY SSESSION begins at 12 noon and James Quah of the Ukeristic Congress has agreed to "take" the session for Saturday. James is a very talented multi instrument playing musician and is a winner of the renowned Ukulele Underground website annual competition for the best ukulele player video.
James says about his choices for this months session...."

I thought it would be interesting to to focus on 3/4 time or waltz time for the day.
I'll go through "The Waltz You Saved For Me" by Hoagy Carmichael and "Bittersweet Waltz" by Leon Redbone."

And finally there will be usual opportunity for anyone who feels they would like to perform a song they know or have been working on.

So all in all, a good day in store, so why not come along celebrate the arrival of this beautiful Spring.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 am 

Counting down the hours as per usual!! Looking forward to it!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:38 pm 

Just found out that due to unforseen circumstances (work), I probably won't be making an appearance at this months Hooley......Darn!!!!!!!!! Aw well, Will just have to wait til May then......Although I might make it down to the Eagle possibly at some stage...maybe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:59 am 

Just a lil dittie I did following the April Ukuhooley lesson given by the fantastic James Quah. Uploaded this yesterday onto my Youtube page yesterday. Take a look and see what you think. Thanks to James for the insightful lesson last Saturday!!