It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:22 pm 

THIS SPACE IS FOR ANYONE WHO FEELS THEY ARE IN A POSITION TO OFFER UKULELE LESSONS TO LEARNERS ANYWHERE IN IRELAND. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR CONTACT DETAILS>
SO MANY PEOPLE CAME UP TO US AT THE FESTIVAL ENQUIRING ABOUT LESSONS THAT IT IS CLEAR THERE IS A REAL OPENING FOR UKULELE TEACHERS IN IRELAND.
WE ARE STARTING A BEGINNERS CLASS AT THE MONTHLY UKUHOOLEY MEETUPS (STARTING AT 11AM AND RUNNING FOR AN HOUR) BUT THE OPENING FOR ONE TO ONE TEACHING REMAINS.

Last edited by TonyB on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 am 

I'm only a beginner myself, having only been playing for a few months, but I'd be more than happy to go over a few chords with anyone who's interested. I'm in Glenageary, right around the corner from where we have the ukuhooley meet-ups.

My mobile number is 0852404355 or you can try my house on (01) 2800567 and I'd be more than happy to give a few hints to get you started.

Last edited by BarryWhiteside on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm 

Barry is a very experienced beginner! I suspect a good deal of guitar in his background.

What is a uke anyway, it is a guitar: the renaissance guitar, as spread around the new world by sixteenth-century explorers.

I am delighted to teach anyone who wants to come to me in Donnybrook. I'm in the phone book: 6685349. My rate is forty an hour.

I can also do a transcription of any song you can sing me (or point to a recording of), and I'll attach tasty chords to anything that needs them, in the key that best suits your voice.

~Andrew Robinson

http://www.andrew.robinson.net
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQYI8mpe2CI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 am 

I will be teaching uke too.

I actually had my first lesson this evening and it went wonderfully, two more hooked :)

I will be back in the country in january and will be willing to give lessons to the young and the not so young.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:13 am 

Excellent stuff Nora! We'll miss you dearly you know :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:08 pm 

Howdy doo. On the days I go-a-ukeing by train Im usually out at Eden Park around eleven. So rather than lurking in the bushes outside the church, scareing grannies and chasing the pigeons, all fun and a noble passtime, I could certainly help out any newbies. But will someone chase the grannies and scare the pigeons in my absense?
Sean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:00 pm 

Its great you are willing to do that Sean.
We have decided to start a beginners class at 11am at Eden Park for an hour each month before the regular Ukuhooley sessions begins at 12.noon.
We will be writing to all members this month to work out a rota for teaching beginners as a number of experienced players have kindly offered their services for this hour.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:38 pm 

I can help someone who wants to learn Uke If you're really beginner~ kk
My Email is "caps424@gmail.com"
Feel free to send me an e-mail~